More blogs about pitbull pit bull dog travel southern california.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Traveling without Honey

I went to Portland, Oregon, this week - just got back - and, I did not take Honey. Since Honey is not one of those dogs that will fit under the seat and, for some reason, dogs can't get their own seat on the plane -- no matter how many mileage points you have -- I went with a friend, instead. It's too bad because I knew from this post on The Poodle and (the Dog) Blog that Dog Fancy rated Portland this year's most dog friendly city in the U.S.

Since I was visiting a family that has a couple of dogs, I went with them in the mornings to see an off-leash park in action. I saw lots of very happy dogs. I also saw a ton of pet stores, drove by some doggie day cares (including a great-looking one with one of my favorite d.d.c. names: Virginia Woof) and saw plenty of restaurants with outdoor eating places where dogs sat comfortably by while waiting for the opportune food scrap to appear.

It's funny, though. It wasn't until I saw dogs walking around the
Portland International Rose Test Garden


that I knew this really IS a city for dogs. I think the fact that Portland thought, given the opportunity, dogs would want to stop and smell the roses - I think that was the final giveaway.

,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY cool! Sorry you had to go without her, but ya know, moms need to get away, too, sometimes.
(BTW, I think I broke every punctuation rule with the commas in that last sentence!)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Jill Bryant said...

All I know is, she looked better when I picked her up than when I left her....something about no large treat breaks probably had something to do with it... :)

As far as punctuation - you are my grammar guru, so, if you are going to use a lot of commas, seems just fine, to me, too.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home