More blogs about pitbull pit bull dog travel southern california.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Honey Looks Great


Honey is back at daycare after 16 weeks of rehab from her knee ligament operation. Unbelieveable. Four months. It was pretty amazing seeing her first day back. She just ran on the playground acting like she had never been away with lots of licks for her best friends. (How do dogs decide who their friends are? She hangs out the most with a bloodhound, pit bull and chocolate lab. Does that mean anything? And what happens if she sees other dogs that look like her friends? I know dogs can tell who's who by smell but what about when they are too far away to smell? Does one chocolate lab look like another?)

What's great is how good Honey is looking. And that's not just me saying that. Everyone has been commenting on it. Her fur is shiny and soft, she's fit, her eyes look clear, and, most important, of course - her walk is strong. (I have never watched a rear end as much - just trying to make sure each back leg is bearing equal weight.) She has never looked this good so I've been trying to figure out what it is.

She does eat a very high quality kibble. From what I've read, the raw diet aka BARF (biologically appropriate raw food) can be very good (and can also possibly cause phenomenal changes in your dog's health) but, there are certain kibbles that even BARF (hate that acronym) supporters say are a fairly good second choice. I have Honey on Artemis and I'm sure that's partially responsible but she's been on that for about nine months and the drastic difference has been fairly recent. For the last four months I have had her on a supplement that is used to help prevent arthritis and I don't know what all else. It's called Synovi-MSM and it contains glucosamine, Vitamin C and other things. I have to think it's been a help in finding her new dog beauty. So I just ordered three more containers. They are large liver-flavored chewables and I've looked at them a few times debating on trying them myself.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you've looked at those liver-things with even a little consideration, then it's high time you move away from Southern Cal. Too much health food, not enough red meat and grease. Seriously. I think it's time for a visit to the deep South, where you'll swear you've never had food so good, and you'll never eat an uncooked (read:unfried) vegetable again. Trust me on this.
BTW, I'm SO glad to see your sweet Honey back in action again. What a doll!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I bet you look at lots of other rear ends....
Honey's does look awesome tho.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home