More blogs about pitbull pit bull dog travel southern california.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

One year ago

Honey moved in temporarily one year ago.

We celebrated by watching the Oscars. One of us had yogurt, peanut butter and kibble in a Kong then lay in front of the fire on a blanket and fell asleep, periodically exhaling a deep breath of contentment. I'm not sure which of us was happier.

For Honey who has caused me no end of expense, hassle, housing problems, etc. An excerpt of a poem by Jane Kenyon.

6IN AND OUT


The dog searches until he finds me
upstairs, lies down with a clatter
of elbows, puts his head on my foot.

Sometimes the sound of his breathing
saves my life -- in and out, in
and out; a pause, a long sigh. . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only a true dog lover will appreciate that poem and understand its truth.
It made me want to cry the good tears that say, "yeah. I get that. big time." :)

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home